Flow Cytometry Testing
Complement Your ELISPOT with Multi-Color Flow Cytometry Services
While ELISPOT is the gold standard assay in cellular immune monitoring, some investigators choose to also perform flow cytometry to further evaluate their subjects' immune responses. Our CRO team of scientists are well versed in flow cytometry and fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS) and have been trained to expertly perform high-end flow cytometry technology and services.
Multi-Color and Multi-Plexed Measurements for Your Studies
Flow cytometry can determine which immune cell population is most prevalent during an immune response. This determination is made by surface marker and intracellular cytokine staining (ICS). FLow can also be used to evaluate peptide binding using multimers and pentamers.
All of these types of assays are performed by our CRO team in our regulated laboratory. We also perform multiplexed analyte measurements by cytometric bead array (CBA) to quantify multiple proteins (such as cytokines) simultaneously:
- Antibody-coated beads capture the analytes of interest
- Each bead has a unique fluorescence intensity
- Multiple beads are run simultaneously in a single tube, reducing sample volume needed (compared to traditional ELISA and Western blot techniques).
- Elevated concentrations of cytokine or analytes of interest are detected in the serum or plasma of individuals being monitored
Flow cytometry assays we perform:
- Surface marker staining
- Intracellular staining
- Intracellular cytokine staining (ICS)
- Multimers, pentamers evaluations
- Cytometric bead array (CBA)
- Validated CBA panels for testing human IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, IL-17, IFN-γ, TNF, MCP-1 (CCL2) and Mig (CXCL9) in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatants.