Lingling Yao, Ph.D.
I trained in clinical medicine with my research background established in the fields of human physiology, biochemistry, and neuroscience. I have a passion for technology that benefits medical progress and affects health. Joining CTL gave me the opportunity to apply this passion to the field of immunology, as CTL provides a powerful platform for immune monitoring as it applies to our adaptation to the quickly changing bio-environment. I am devoting my acknowledge and efforts in CTL’s R&D Department hoping to contribute to furthering science in the short run, and eventually health care.
Education and Training
- BS 2002, Medicine, Henan Medical School, Henan, China
- Ph.D. 2007, Human Physiology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Associate Professor, 2013-2018, Department of Physiology & Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical School, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Visiting Scholar, 2013-2015, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology / Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Zebra Fish Department, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, U.S.A.
- Research Assistant, 2018-2022, Neuroscience Department, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, U.S.A
- Ling-ling Yao, Daehoon Lee, Xiao Ren, Lei Xiong, Lin Mei, and Wen-Cheng Xiong. Cortical astrocytic neogenin, a key protein switching HIF1/2α-VEGFa-induced angiogenesis to MEGF10-driven phagocytosis. Cell Report, in review.
- Xiao Ren, Ling-ling Yao, Yong-Gang Wang, Lin Mei & Wen-Cheng Xiong. Microglial VPS35 deficiency impairs Aβ phagocytosis and Aβ-induced disease-associated microglia, and enhances Aβ associated pathology. J. Neuroinflammation. 2022, 19:61.
- Dong Sun, Leena Milibari, Jin-Xiu Pan, Xiao Ren, Ling-Ling Yao, Yang Zhao, Chen Shen, Wen-Bing Chen, Fu-Lei Tang, Daehoon Lee, Jun-Shi Zhang, Lin Mei, Wen-Cheng Xiong Critical roles of embryonic born dorsal dentate granule neurons for activity-dependent increases in BDNF, adult hippocampal neurogenesis, and antianxiety-like behaviors. Biological Psychiatry. 2021. 89: 600.
- Xiao Ren, Ling-Ling Yao, Jin-Xiu Pan, Jun-Shi Zhang, Lin Mei, Yong-Gang Wang, Wen-Cheng Xiong. Linking cortical astrocytic neogenin deficiency to the development of Moyamoya disease-like vasculopathy. Neurobiol. Dis. 2021, 154: 105339.
- Ling-Ling Yao, Jin-Xia Hu, Qiang Li, Daehoon Lee, Xiao Ren, Jun-Shi Zhang, Dong Sun, Hong-Sheng Zhang, Yong-Gang Wang, Lin Mei, Wen-Cheng Xiong. Astrocytic neogenin/netrin-1 pathway promotes blood vessel homeostasis and function in mouse cortex. J. Clin. Invest. 2020, 130: 6490.
- Shi-Yang Ye, Joanna E Apple, Xiao Ren, Fu-Lei Tang, Ling-Ling Yao, Yong-Gang Wang, Lin Mei, Yuan-Guo Zhou, Wen-Cheng Xiong Microglial VPS35 deficiency regulates microglial polarization and decreases ischemic stroke-induced damage in the cortex. J. Neuroinflammation, 2019, 16: 235.
- Song R, Yang Y, Lei H, Wang G, Huang Y, Xue W, Wang Y, Yao L*, Zhu Y. HDAC6 inhibition protects cardiomyocytes against doxorubicin-induced acute damage by improving α-tubulin acetylation. J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 2018, 124: 58. (*corresponding author)
- Y.G. Wang, Y. Li, C.Y. Wang, J.W. Ai, X.Y. Dong, H.Y. Huang, Z.Y. Feng, Y.M. Pan, Y. Lin, B.X. Wang and L.L. Yao*. L-3-n-butylphthalide protects rats’ cardiomyocytes from ischaemia/reperfusion-induced apoptosis by affecting the mitochondrial apoptosis pathway. Acta Physiol. 2014, 210: 524. (*corresponding author)
- Ling-Ling Yao*, Yong-Gang Wang, Xiu-Jie Liu, Yu Zhou, Dan-Dan Hao, Jun Liu and Yi-Chun Zhu. Phenylephrine protect cardiomyocyte from starvation- induced apoptosis by increasing Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) activity. Journal of cellular physiology 2012, 227: 10 (*corresponding author)
- Ling-Ling Yao, Xiao Wei Huang, Yong Gang Wang, Cai Cai Zhang and Yi-Chun Zhu. Hydrogen sulfide protects cardiomyocytes from apoptosis by phosphorylation of GSK-3β. Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol., 2010, 298:H1310.
- Ling-Ling Yao, Yong-Gang Wang, Wen-Jie Cai, Tai Yao and Yi-Chun Zhu. Survivin mediates the anti-apoptotic effect of δ-opioid receptor stimulation in cardiomyocytes. J. Cell Sci. 2007, 120: 895.