Miriam Frangini, Ph.D.
When I joined CTL, I was excited to start a new career in the field of immunology. Trained as a molecular and cell biologist, I have always been fascinated by the way our immune system works and is regulated. Here at CTL, we are pioneering state-of-the-art immune monitoring as is fundamental to clinical research. We evaluate immune responses in health and disease prior to, or during therapy. I am proud to be part of a wonderful team and I will do my best to use my expertise to bring new insights while growing professionally in an exciting work environment.
Education and Training
- Case Western University - Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics - Research Assistant 3
- University of Sao Paulo, Brazil – Human Genome and Stem Cell Research Center- Postdoctoral Fellow
- University of Padua, Italy – Department of Bioscience- Postdoctoral Fellow
- University of Padua, Italy, PhD in Cell Biology
- University of Padua, Italy, M.Sc. Molecular Biology
- University of Padua, Italy, B.Sc. Molecular Biology
- Coatti GC, Frangini M, Valadares MC, Gomes JP, Lima NO, Cavaçana N, Assoni AF, Pelatti MV, Birbrair A, de Lima ACP, Singer JM, Rocha FMM, Da Silva GL, Mantovani MS, Macedo-Souza LI, Ferrari MFR, Zatz M. “Pericytes extend survival of ALS SOD1 mice and Induce the expression of antioxidant enzymes in the murine model and in IPSCs derived neuronal cells from an ALS patient.” 2017. Stem Cell Rev. Rep. 13(5):686-698.
- Frangini M, Franzolin E, Chemello F, Laveder P, Romualdi C, Bianchi V, Rampazzo C. “Synthesis of mitochondrial DNA precursors during myogenesis, an analysis in purified C2C12 myotubes.” 2013. J. Biol. Chem. 288(8):5624-35.
- Franzolin E, Miazzi C, Frangini M, Palumbo E, Rampazzo C, Bianchi V. “The pyrimidine nucleotide carrier PNC1 and mitochondrial trafficking of thymidine phosphates in cultured human cells.” 2012. Exp. Cell. Res. 318(17):2226-36.
- Rampazzo C, Miazzi C, Franzolin E, Pontarin G, Ferraro P, Frangini M, Reichard P, Bianchi V. “Regulation by degradation, a cellular defense against deoxyribonucleotide pool imbalances.” 2010. Mutat. Res. 703:2-10.
- Frangini M, Rampazzo C, Franzolin E, Lara MC, Vilà MR, Martı́ R, Bianchi V. “Unchanged thymidine triphosphate pools and thymidine metabolism in two lines of thymidine kinase 2-mutated fibroblasts.” 2009. FEBS J. 276:1104-1113.
- Rampazzo C, Fabris S, Franzolin E, Crovatto K, Frangini M, Bianchi V. “Mitochondrial Thymidine Kinase and the Enzymatic Network Regulating Thymidine Triphosphate Pools in Cultured Human Cells.” 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282: 34758-34769