Ting Zhang, M.D., Ph.D.
Director of Consumables QC
Personal StatementWorking as an M.D., I frequently felt the pain of not being able to help my patients. In particular in the field of immunology there is a tremendous gap between the theoretical knowledge base, and that what can be implemented in the clinic. I therefore feel excited to work for a company, CTL, that enables translational research. I started at CTL in the R&D department, and worked my way to head its Consumables QC Department. My mission is making sure that scientists all around the world have the best tools for immune monitoring.
Education and Training
- 2004. Graduation as M.D. from Inner Mongolia University of Science and Technology, China
- 2008. Master of Pathology, Tianjin Medical University, China
- 2011. Ph.D., Tianjin Medical University, China
- 2011. Visiting Scholar, Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute
- 2015. Staff Scientist at CTL
- Lehmann A, Kirchenbaum GA, Zhang T, Reche PA, Lehmann PV. Deconvoluting the T cell response to SARS-CoV-2: specificity versus chance- and cognate cross-reactivity. Frontiers in Immunology. 2021, 12: 982.
- Lehmann A, Reche PA, Zhang T, Suwansaard M, and Lehmann PV. CERI, CEF-X, and CPI: largely improved positive controls for testing antigen-specific T cell function in PBMC compared to CEF. Cells. 2021, 10, 248.
- Lehmann A, Zhang T, Reche PA, Lehmann PV. Discordance between the predicted vs. the actually recognized CD8+ T cell epitopes of HCMV pp65 antigen and aleatory epitope dominance Frontiers in Immunology. 2021, 11, 618428.
- Przybyla A, Lehmann A, Zhang T, Mackiewicz J, Galus L, Kirchenbaum GA, Mackiewicz A, Lehmann PV. Functional T cell reactivity to melanocyte antigens is lost during development of malignant melanoma, but is restored with successful immunotherapy. Cancers. 2021, 13, 223.
- Lehmann PV, Suwansaard M, Zhang T, Roen DR, Kirchenbaum GA, Karulin AY, Lehmann A, Reche PA. Comprehensive Evaluation of the Expressed CD8+ T Cell Epitope Space Using High-Throughput Epitope Mapping. Frontiers in Immunology. 2019, 10, 655.
- Przybyla A, Zhang T, Li R, Roen DR, Mackiewicz A, Lehmann PV. Natural T cell autoreactivity to melanoma antigens: clonally expanded melanoma-antigen specific CD8 + memory T cells can be detected in healthy humans. Cancer Immunol Immunotherapy. 2019, 68, 709-720.
- Terlutter F, Caspell R, Nowacki TM, Lehmann A, Li R, Zhang T, Przybyla A, Kuerten S, Lehmann PV. Direct Detection of T- and B-Memory Lymphocytes by ImmunoSpot® Assays Reveals HCMV Exposure that Serum Antibodies Fail to Identify. Cells. 2018, 7, 75.
- Welter A., Sundararaman S., Li R., Zhang T., Karulin A.Y., Lehmann A., Naeem V., Roen D.R., Kuerten S, and P. V. Lehmann. High-throughput GLP-capable target cell visualization assay for measuring cell-mediated cytotoxicity. Cells. 2018, 7, 35.
- Du E, Lu C, Sheng F, Li C, Li H, Ding N, Chen Y, Zhang T, Yang K, Xu Y. Analysis of potential genes associated with primary cilia in bladder cancer. Cancer. Manag. Res., 2018, 10, 3047-3056.
- Schiller A, Zhang T, Li R, Duechting A, Sundararaman S, Przybyla A, Kuerten S, Lehmann PV. A Positive Control for Detection of Functional CD4 T Cells in PBMC: The CPI Pool. Cells. 2017, 6, 47.
- Li J, Li C, Li H, Zhang T, Hao X, Chang J, Xu Y. MicroRNA‑30a‑5p suppresses tumor cell proliferation of human renal cancer via the MTDH/PTEN/AKT pathway. Int. J. Mol. Med., 2018, 41, 1021-1029.
- Zhang T, Wang J, Zhai X, Li H, Li C, Chang J. MiR-124 retards bladder cancer growth by directly targeting CDK4. Acta Biochim. Biophys. Sin. (Shanghai). 2014, 46, 1072-9.
- Li C, Li H, Zhang T, Li J, Liu L, Chang J. Discovery of Apo-A1 as a potential bladder cancer biomarker by urine proteomics and analysis. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2014, 446, 1047-52.
- Zhang T, Niu X, Liao L, Cho EA, Yang H. The contributions of HIF-target genes to tumor growth in RCC. PLoS One. 2013, 8(11):e80544.
- Niu X, Zhang T, Liao L, Zhou L, Lindner DJ, Zhou M, Rini B, Yan Q, Yang H. The von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein regulates gene expression and tumor growth through histone demethylase JARID1C. Oncogene. 2012, 31, 776-86.
- Li C, Li H, Zhang T, Li J, Ma F, Li M, Sui Z, Chang J. ZFX is a Strong Predictor of Poor Prognosis in Renal Cell Carcinoma. Med. Sci. Monit. 2015, 21, 3380-5.
- Zhang T, Yang K, Chang J, Xu Y. Construction and identification of eukaryotic expressed plasmid vector pLenti6/V5-TOPO-TβRⅡDNglytk in human. Chinese Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2008, 35, 395.
- Zhang T, Chang J. Blockade of transforming growth factor beta signaling in suppressing tumors, J. Int. Oncol. 2008, 35, 104.