Zhigang Liu, Ph.D.
The focus of my career has been studying human diseases caused by infections or inappropriate immune responses of body. CTL developed pioneering methods that permit to monitor the function of lymphocytes in the human’s blood. I am excited to be one of the members in CTL’s R&D department that serves the worldwide immunology community by providing the tools which to assess immune responses of human body.
Education and Training
- 2000. B.S. of Pharmacology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
- 2006. Ph.D. of Microbiology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
- 2009-2013. Research Scholar, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
- 2013-2014. Research Scholar, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, USA
- 2014-2021. Post-doctoral Fellow, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, USA
- 2021-2022. Research Associate, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, USA
- Wei Wei, Zhigang Liu, Chao Zhang, Rami Khoriaty, Min Zhu, Bin Zhang. A common human missense mutation of vesicle coat protein SEC23B leads to growth restriction and chronic pancreatitis in mice. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2022; 298:101536
- Zhigang Liu, Yuan Zhang, Min Zhu, and Bin Zhang. Identification of candidate nonsense mutations of FVIII for ribosomal readthrough therapy. Haematologica. 2019; 104:e573-e576.
- Qi-Gang Zhou, Meng-Ying Liu, Han-Woong Lee, Fuyuki Ishikawa, Sushil Devkota, Xin-Ru Shen, Xin Jin, Hai-Yin Wu, Zhigang Liu, Xiao Liu, Xun Jin, Hai-Hui Zhou, Eun Jeoung Ro, Jing Zhang, Yu Zhang, Yu-Hui Lin, Hoonkyo Suh, Dong-Ya Zhu. Hippocampal TERT regulates spatial memory formation through modulation of neural development. Stem Cell Reports. 2017; 9:543-556.
- Lamis Yehia, Farshad Niazi, Ying Ni, Joanne Ngeow, Madhav Sankunny, Zhigang Liu, Wei Wei, Jessica L. Mester, Ruth A. Keri, Bin Zhang, Charis Eng. Germline heterozygous variants in SEC23B are associated with Cowden Syndrome and enriched in apparently sporadic thyroid cancer. The American Journal of Human Genetics. 2015; 97: 661–676.
- Zhigang Liu, Shu-Wen Wu, Cao-Qi Lei, Qian Zhou, Shu Li, Hong-Bing Shu, Yan-Yi Wang. Heat Shock Cognate 71 (HSC71) regulates cellular antiviral response by impairing formation of VISA aggregates. Protein & Cell. 2013; 4: 373-382.
- Bo Yang, Zhigang Liu, Bei Deng, Yulei Zeng, Jiajun Hu, Weilin Li, Zheng Hu. Isolation and genetic improvement of Pseudomonas sp. Strain HUT-78, capable of emzymatic production of L-cysteine from DL-2-amino-∆2-thiazoline-4-carbocylic acid. J. Gen. Appl. Microbiol. 2011; 57: 379-386.
- Dandan Liu, Zheng Hu, Zhigang Liu, Bo Yang, Wenjuan Tu, Liang Li. Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of essential oil isolated from the cultured mycelia of Ganoderma japonicum. Journal of Nanjing Medical University. 2009; 23: 168-172.
- Bo Yang, Dawei Cai, Peiran Yu, Xiaomin Dong, Zhigang Liu, Zheng Hu, Xu Cao, Jiamin Zhang, Yuanyang Hu. Non-structural proteins of Periplaneta fuliginosa densovirus inhibit cellular gene expression and induce necrosis in Sf9 cell cultures. Virus Genes. 2009; 38:478–486.
- Bo Yang, Xiaomin Dong, Dawei Cai, Xiaoyan Wang, Zhigang Liu, Zheng Hu, Haoyong Wang, Xu Cao, Jiamin Zhang, Yuanyang Hu. Characterization of the promoter elements and transcription profile of Periplaneta fuliginosa densovirus nonstructural genes. Virus Research. 2008; 33: 149–156.
- Jiang-Lan Yuan, Zhong lv, Zhi-Gang Liu, Zheng Hu, Guo-Lin Zou.Study on interaction between apigenin and human serum albumin by spectroscopy and molecular modeling. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry. 2007; 191: 104–113.
- Zhen-Yu Zuo, Zhong-Liang Zheng, Zhi-Gang Liu, Qing-Ming Yi, Guo-lin Zou. Cloning, DNA shuffling and expression of serine hydroxymethyltransferase gene from Escherichia coli strain AB90054. Enzyme and Microbial Technology. 2007; 40: 569-577.
- Zhigang Liu, Zhongliang Zhen, Zhenyu Zuo, Yingliang Wu, Aifu Liu, Qingming Yi, Wenxin Li. Probing the Catalytic Center of Porcine Aminoacylase 1 by Site-directed Mutagenesis, Homology Modeling and Substrate Docking. The Journal of Biochemistry. 2006; 139: 421-430.
- Zhong-Liang Zheng, Zhen-Yu Zuo, Zhi-Gang Liu, Keng-chang Tsai, Ai-fu Liu, Guo-lin Zou. Probing the importance of the hydrogen bonds around the active center of Nattokinase by site-directed mutagenesis and molecular dynamic simulation. Biochemical Journal. 2006; 395: 509-515.
- Zhong-Liang Zheng, Zhen-Yu Zuo, Zhi-Gang Liu, Keng-Chang Tsai, Ai-Fu Liu, Guo-lin Zou. Constrution of a 3D model of Nattokinase, a novel fibrinolytic enzyme from Bacillus natto--A novel nucleophilic catalytic mechanism for Nattokinase. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling. 2005; 23: 373-380.